Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Edge-Bursa Malaysia Rate Race 2008 19th Aug 2008

Last year i didn't join because i'm carrying a baby. So this year I want to give it a try. I immediately signed up for rat race. I know it will be quite tiring but just want to give some challenge to my body. With a limited time to do some training, I just join aerobic class and kick boxing to get some stamina.At 2.30pm 19th Aug, we moved to Bursa Malaysia at Jalan Tun Perak with 2 buses. Our dept who joined this year are Uma Selvy, Hafiz, Nik & myself. Carmen and Amelia pull out due to some reason.

My number is 555. We have to run for 4.5km within one hour, yes! I did it. Manage to finish within one hour. But i got 321th place. Haha..for me is okay, out of 700 plus runner, not bad haa...We pass by KLCC and come back to Bursa Malaysia office.This is charity program. In order to contribute for charity, we have to join the run. So Digi sent most number of runner meaning Digi is the highest contribution for this time. We contribute RM75k with 10 teams runner. There are international team, from Korea Stock Exchange, Singapore,US and New York Stock Exchange too.

There are 75 companies joining and manage to collect RM1.7mill. That money was distributed to 20 charitable organisation with RM87k each. This is a very good thing to happen in our society when we care for less fortunate people. Especially this time around to have fasting month and Aidilfitri around the corner. May they able to enjoy the Holy month with extra joy with that little money.

As for me, that is a very good experience to have opportunity to meet up with a lot of people from other organisation. Next year Insyaallah will join again if my health permit.

No comments: